German Mom

Friday, November 16, 2007

Friends

Last Sunday, five of us moms who regularly get together on Tuesday for a support group decided to go out to tea. There is a quaint English tea garden only ten minutes from our house that I had never been to. When we met at the resturant, I was surprised that my friends wanted to bless me with some small gifts for me- not the baby. It was all signed from the "mom's club". I was given money to use to purchase anything from the country store at the tea garden really cute things. I chose an elegant candle holder with a huge non dripping candle It looks so nice in my dining room. I was also given a gift certificate to a store to purchase any piece of clothing after baby comes. I was truly surprised that my friends would do something so thoughtful for me. We have only been getting together for maybe two months so I guess that is why I didn't expect this blessing. To make it extra special too, my mom was able to come and be a part of the afternoon. It is really hard to keep and deepen relationships on the mission field as everyone is always "passing through". So I guess that is why this is extra special to me. Friends are great no matter where you live in the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home