German Mom

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Concert Review

On Friday we went up to Karlsruhe about two hours north from here to see Michael W. Smith in concert. Our German friends Dirk and Elvira invited us to join them. It was a nice evening. Michael sang many songs from his worship CD and it was neat to see so many Germans singing praises to the Lord. He also did many songs from his new albums. It was loud but fun. Here are a few pictures from the evening.

Waiting for Michael to come on stage a picture of the rowdy concert goers, Jeff, Dirk and Lisa his daughter. This was Lisa's first concert. I told her my first concert was to see Michael W. Smith perform in Portland back in 1986 when I was her age. Boy did I feel old! See the cup that Jeff is holding, after the concert, Dirk collected a ton of them laying around to arena and received 20 cents per cup when he returned them. He made enough money to buy a CD.




Jeff and I managed to get up front and snap a few pictures unfortunately, we were standing in front of the speakers. Jeff was worried that I was damaging the baby's hearing. It was a fun evening with my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home