German Mom

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jacob's recital

On Sunday, Jacob performed in his first piano recital. The recital was for all BFA students, elementary through high school to perform their pieces. Jacob was the first one to play his piece. It didn't hit him until he saw his name on the program and realized that he was going first. Then he got really nervous. He was a real trooper and marched right up on stage and performed. He didn't rush through it. At the end, he stood up and took a bow. You can find a sample of his song on the BFA website. Go to www.bfacademy.com. click on recent and find listen to student musical recital. Jacob is the first one. It was a very long recital almost two hours. I had a high schooler meet me in the lobby to take care of Sarah for me. I paid her 10 euros which converts to about 12.50 for almost two hours. I was desperate to find someone since Jeff was out of town and everyone seemed busy. After the recital, Sarah was asleep in Heidi's arms. Here is Jacob after the recital was over. I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of him during it, my batteries in my camera were dead. This was taken when we got home and I went to find fresh batteries. His teacher gave him a chocolate bar as he was going to sit down. I remember at my first recital that my piano teacher gave me a mini plastic bust of a composer. I thought that was weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home