German Mom

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cultural Tidbits

On Friday, I drove Jeff to meet other board members for their yearly board meeting with EurECA. This is a support group which helps Christian teachers working in public schools across Europe. Jeff is the treasurer for the organization. During the last few years as he has attended these meetings, he has made some funny observations. He is the only American in a totally operated European organization. He has come to appreciate what Christians must endure in public schools in many Euorpean countries. Sometimes, it still seems foreign to him. He has had some interesting conference centers that he has met at. Last year, they met in Budepest at the ACSI headquarters. They had to cook many meals on their own so I think they lived on soup for most of the weekend. This year, they are meeting outside of Zurich at a conference center that is also a convent. In the itinerary that was sent to Jeff it said that every breakfast will be eaten in silence. Yesterday morning before he left, he still had to balance the books. I ended up packing for him. As I drove Jeff to Basel for a pick up time with the rest of the board members to travel on to Zurich he was asking me if I had packed certain things for him. "Did you pack my gloves incase it get cold?" "Yes" "Did you pack my mouth wash?" "Ooops, I forgot, it doesn't matter you can't talk while you are eating breakfast and that is when you have smelly breathe anyways!" I am interested in hearing some interesting stories from this experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home