German Mom

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thanksgiving Feast

Today, I helped out at the elementary school during their annual Thanksgiving Feast. I was looking forward to this mainly because this was the first real school activity that I could be a part of. After six years with the German school system, I was finally able to enjoy a more traditional American system with my kids. So begins the many hours of helping and being mom in my kids classroom!
I had decided that since Sarah is still little and unpredicable, the best option for me was to be outside and help with the game part of the day. Here is Anna playing a fun game. I like this action shot of her running around the courtyard.

After playing the three different relay games, the kids rotated to another activity. Jacob's group came out next and he also had fun with the relay games. He was really quick and hard to catch by the other students.

While the next group of students came out ready for fun games, I snuck into the baking room to see Anna help with an apple treats. She enjoyed watching the apples get peeled.

Jacob meanwhile was in the Art room getting ready to make a neat candle. I forgot to go back and and take a look at the finish project but here he is deep in thought as he contemplets his design.

After the children rotated to all four groups, then they went to the feast part of their day. A big Thanksgiving feast that many of the mom's had planned for them. The children ate turkey sandwhiches, fruit and chesse kabobs, veggies and dip and of course yummy cookies. Jacob worked up an appitiet after his busy morning.
Anna also enjoyed her lunch. She sat by her good friend Caylie. I had planned to stay and eat with them, but Sarah was getting really tired from her long morning. She had been up since 5 am and was ready for a nap. So after a parting picture of Anna, I said good bye to them and headed home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home