German Mom

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Voting 101

My husband and I received our abstentee voting ballots about a month ago from the State of Oregon. I had put them aside and basically decided not to vote this time around because I didn't want to pay the international postage rate. Then this week I remembered a former staff member who is here visiting and will be returning back to the States this weekend. It is always a given in our community if you are traveling to the States, then be prepared to bring mail back with you. So this morning I dug out the ballots and started figuring out who and what I was voting for. Jacob and Anna were very interested in the process. So I read each section out loud and expalined as best as I could the difference between parties. When I got to a category about " Oregon Supreme Court Judge". Anna piped up "Vote for Judge Judy mommy!" I think her Grandma Mary has rubbed off on her. My mother loves to watch this show so Anna is very familiar with the kind of justice that Judge Judy would instill in anyone. I was tempted to write her name in on the line but went with another choice. Thus ends my civic duty for another time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home