German Mom

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Snapshots of our area

Fall is really starting to show its color around our area. I wanted to include a post of some pictures from our village that we live in and our surrounding area. This is just a sampling and hopefully I will be able to post more in the near future.

This first picture is of a typical home in our village. We moved about 2 miles away from the town of Kandern where BFA is located to Riedlingen a samller village. There is a resturant and a small market, however, I have never seen it open. So I must now drive the 2 miles to do my shopping now instead of walking there. I really miss walking everywhere!


Here is one of my favorite castles in our area. This castle is located about twenty minutes away from us in a town called Lorrach. In this castle you can actually take tours and climb up in the towers. I have been tempeted to have a birthday party for Jacob there sometime. You can see this castle everywhere you are in Lorrach. On Saturday, I took the kids to the city park and we walked all around always in view of the Castle above us.


This last picture is of the town church in our village of Riedlingen. It sits right on a curve of the road that we must go around every time we drive up to our home which is located in a neighborhood directly above the chruch. Everyday, Jacob and Anna walk behind the church (there is a path) to get a better view to cross the street and catch the bus in the morning.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck to you. Are you American?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home