German Mom

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In His Own Words

All year every other Monday, Jeff has had the privilage of leading a ten minute devotion infront of our student body. He had always done a great job sharing with the students what has been on his heart. This last Monday was Jeff's last time to share with the students. I decided to post his comments to the students below.


Matins 18.05.09—“Mr. Benjamin through the ages” or “A decade minus a year.”
Wedding pictures got me thinking yesterday afternoon. Wow, I’m getting old. Actually, I’ve gotten old at BFA!

How many of you can remember being nine years old? For some of you that may seem like a long time ago; for others it was literally just a few years ago. But that’s how long my family and I have been at BFA—nine years. As I began to think about what I wanted to share with you this morning, it suddenly hit me. This was it—my last time to share in matins. My last time to be able to encourage you with topics that God has put on my heart.

And now, as I finish this school year, I’m the one trying to close out this time, just like so many of you seniors and a few others right now. Trying to build my RAFT like I’ve helped others with in the past. You know, all that stuff about R- RECONCILIATION, A- AFFIRMATION, F- FAREWELLS-, & T- THINKING DESTINATION. Now it is my turn, and I’m not sure that I like it so much.

You know, over the years, I’ve been able to do a lot at BFA, and I’m thankful for all that BFA is able to offer the community who come to learn and work and serve here.

Not all of you know, that…
I’ve been a teacher of three different subjects.
Small Group Leader
Class sponsor for six of our nine years
Musician in various performances over the years
Leader of an English camp
And because I speak German, I’ve helped in translating and other things

My wife has loved BFA as well serving both as a Discovery Therapist and front office receptionist. Of course she always loved being a class sponsor as well. Most recently, she has been very busy at home with our two youngest.

But now it is time to look ahead, to think destination. The past has been great with many blessings poured out, but God has something for each of us in the future. In fact we’re instructed in the Bible not to look back, but to continue to run the race with endurance focusing on what lies ahead. I’m trying to keep my eyes focused on Jesus as we move ahead.

And now some hard tasks lie immediately ahead. It may not be possible to say goodbye well to everyone, so I’m starting today. And I want to say thank you for the role each you play in making this school the great place that it is. Please pray for me and other staff that are leaving at the end of this year. We came here, because God called us to this place. He made it clear that this was His will for our lives. And now as He does each year, He’s calling me and others away. We will miss you and don’t want to miss the chance to tell you how much we care about you. Thank you for allowing me to be your teacher and principal and serving you here at BFA the past nine years. LET’S PRAY.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Mr. B., knowing you as well as we do, don't think you were able to get thru this w/o choking up or a few tears trying to escape.
    Bet the audience got emotional as well. Praying that your final weeks/days at BFA continue to create precious memories and are a blessing to all of you. Your home country, imperfect though it is, is still the best in the world---the land of the free and home of the brave. Blessings of love and prayers. M & D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home