German Mom

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Christmas Spirit

So here we are in December already. I have slowly started to put my Christmas decorations out. The children are very eager to get our tree and decorate it as well. Today, I got together with some friends and we made wreaths for our doors. Here in Germany that is the traditonal way people decorate the outside of their homes. There are no seven foot lit up santas on their front lawns. Or Christmas lights so bright that they take up all of the electricity of entire town accompanied by cheesy christmas music that makes the neighbors angry. Just a simple wreath. I enjoyed making it and placing it on my front door. Now I will get warm approving smiles from my neighbors.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Child of God said…

    Aw, come on. Don't you want to bring a little American "noisy, shiny crap" to your quaint German town? (Of course you know I'm kidding. Actually I think your wreath is really neat looking. I like simple and understated.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home