German Mom

Thursday, August 07, 2008

We Home !

Four kids, ten pieces of luggage, twenty hours of travel time and it is offical, we are home again in Germany. We are all dealing alot with Jet lag. I have already emptied out three of the ten suitcases. Through my jet lag fog I have managed to buy groceries today with all foor kids in toe and I have started back cooking again although it is nothing fancy. My brain still works as I was able to carry on a conversation with my landlord today in German. I found out that we have a persitant mole in our yard and they are trying to kill it with a sonic sound device thing. Our next door neighbor came over and planted a sunflower and it is huge now and very pretty. He also planted tomatoes and pumpkins. We have a real nice garden and didn't have to do any of the work! What a blessing to have such a nice neighbor to take care of our garden while we are gone. Tomorrow the opening ceremonies of the olympics come on here at 1 p.m. so I will be enjoying that while the kids are all snoozing for their afternoon naps. Yep it is good to be back in our own home but we are sad to be so far from family.
Jeff is now preparing for the new school year. Two weeks before the students and parents arrive it has offically become crunch time for him. If I am up again around 3 am, then I will try to down load my pictures of our summer.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do post a pix of that huge sunflower and pumpkin patch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home