German Mom

Monday, June 25, 2007

Bunnies

For the past ten days, we have been Bunny sitting some neighbors baby bunnies. Our neighbors are in the States for summer furlough and spent the last days frantically trying to find people to take care of their animals. Personally, I feel that missionaries shouldn't have pets while on the field. You are always needing to deal with this pet issue every two years and it seems to be getting harder for people to offer help. I think it imposes alot on other people. I had one women come up to me during the last day of elementary school and asked if I could watch her cat and dog. I didn't even know her and she was asking me. I changed the subject and quickly moved my attention to Sarah who was getting into trouble. Anyways, it was fun for the kids but boy do rabbits stink! I am happy to hand them over to someone else.

Sarah loved the baby bunnies but she wouldn't touch them to save her life. Anna held them all the time and petted them. One peed on my couch so I didn't allow them inside again. Yuck!




Since Jeff actually agreed for us to bunny sit, I made him clean the cage feed the bunnies and place ointment on one of the bunnies eyes twice a day. I think he is ready for them to go as much as I am.




In other news, Sarah received a cute dress in the mail from G'ma Benjamin. I had her wear it to church on Sunday. I love this pose of her and the look on her face even though she is sitting down.
One of our dorms is transitioning from an Elementary/ Jr. High dorm to High school dorm so they cleaned out all of their legos and Bionicles and gave them to Jacob. It was like Christmas for him all over again. He is playing with them nonstop these days. Which is good because he has stopped bugging his sisters.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home