German Mom

Friday, June 22, 2007

Date Night

Last night, Jeff and I went out on a date. I look at this as my yearly outing to eat at a nice resturant and see my yearly movie in a theater without worry about cost. Truth be told we only do this outing once a year. This time, Jeff and I went north to Freiburg. We heard that you can see movies in English there. Normally, we have gone South into Switzerland but it is expensive thus the yearly movie outing. We found a Mexican resturant for dinner and it actually had items on the menu that were familar to us. Our past experience with Mexican themed resturants in Germany has been a let down. They offer things on the menu like Fajitas, but it is filled with zuccini and potatoes and other items that just don't seem to go with Mexican food. My only complaint was that they sprinkeled Chili powder on the food.
After dinner, we walked down the quaint streets of Freiburg and found the movie theater. We saw Oceans 13. We both wanted to see Spiderman 3 but it already had its one showing of the day. The movie was pretty good and it was cheaper than in Switzerland. Now that we have found a new place to see a movie, maybe just maybe I can squeeze two outings in a year. We will see. The kids were all tucked in bed when we got home and the babysitter was still smiling so I know that it was a success overall.

View of the pedistrian zone in Freiburg a very quaint town in the Black Forest region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home