German Mom

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eight More Days

We are coming down to the wire for the school year here at BFA. There are only 8 more days of classes. The weather has become very warm so it is very hard to keep the kids focused. On Sunday, I went to pick up our babysitter and Anna came with me in the car. Heidi is a Senior and I asked her on the ride to our home if she has "Senioritist" yet. We were talking about that and later Anna came up to me and said, "Mom, I think I have 2nd grade itist." I asked her if she knew what that meant and she said that she was ready for summer vacation.
We have most of our summer activities taken care of. Even though we are not going back to the States this summer, it will still be busy for us. We are going to sign the kids up for a tennis camp the first week of vacation. This will keep them busy every morning. Then we are looking forward to some good friends visiting us for two weeks. We are going to take them to Paris- I have never been in seven years of living here- it should be a great time to show them our area. We will have a few weeks of down time after that to catch our breath and then Jeff's brother will come for a two week visit toward the end of summer break.
I am noticing that Jacob and Anna are getting more independent and wanting to do more activities with their friends so they may be going to the local the swimming pool - if they have the right attire! It should be a nice change of pace for us and is always welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home