German Mom

Monday, January 29, 2007

I wish there were no more diseases

Well, sickness has hit our household. Anna woke Jeff and I up at 2 am on sunday with the wonderful sound of throwing up. Fortunately, she was on her way to the bathroom and didn't get any on her bed. I guess that is a benefit of sleeping on the bottom bunk. I'd rather clean the mess up on the floor than strip a bed and get new sheets in the middle of the night any time. What makes it worse is that the kids sleep on foam mattresses so they act like a giant sponge. Besides, the floor in the kids room is not carpeted so clean up is a snap! Germans think carpet is very unhealthy that is why most homes have hardwood or tile floors. They are nice but cold in the winter. I am so glad that she got sick on a Sunday. Jeff was home and could help me with Sarah as I took care of Anna. I quaratined Anna in the upstairs living room and wouldn't let Sarah near her. The last thing I want is a sick baby. Anna is still on the mend, dealing with a fever and aches. But she is now singing again which was lacking yesterday. As long as I keep the crackers, juice and movies coming she is fine. This morning Anns said, "mom, I wish there were no more diseases because this isn't fun." I hope this doesn't become a domino effect with the rest of the family! The snow is melting and the weather is warming I hope everyone can stay healthy! Here is Jacob reading to Anna to take her mind off her misery.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What memories your posting brings back of Anna's dad and 3 uncles doing this very same thing, also in the middle of the nite and many times on the top bunk. And of course all American homes have carpeting--yuck, and double yuck! Their dad always wanted them to stay in the bed instead of spreading it out across the carpet. Lots of prayers coming your way that this "disease" does stay isolated w/Anna and no one else comes down w/it. The quarantine was a smart idea Nurse Kathy.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kathy, an email I sent you and Jeff failed to deliver. Have you changed your email address? I love your blogs. Uncle John.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home